Maths Is Fun!
- Parent Friendly Standards (first grade), Parent Friendly Standards (Kindergarten)
- What's My Number? - place value activity
- Cover 100 and Number tiles - identify numbers up to 100 (helps to identify place value).
- Pennies, Nickels, Dimes! - all about money!
- Spinner - identify coins and coin value
- Money Bingo
- Comparing Weight - activity sheet
- Facts Bingo - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 dice
- Facts Bingo - 4, 5, 6, 7 dice
Early Learning Math Tubs
Create Your Own Lessons
You will need:
- Worksheets with numbers 1 - 100 ( a bit like a snakes and ladders board). Give one to each kid.
- numbered counters (numbered 1 - 100)
- a bag to hold all the counters
- pens/pencils for the participants
The first kid takes a numbered counter out of the bag and identifies the number to the class. Everybody has to mark that number off their worksheet. That first kid passes the bag on to the
next one and the process repeats. The first child to cover all the numbers wins. Or, if you are limiting the time spent on this, the kid who has most numbers covered at the end, winds.
Beware: if you have worksheets with numbers 1 - 100 on them, this will take ages to complete! Feel free to modify the numbers.